Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rural visits

In addition to my usual sparse posting the next week will almost certainly have no postings. I am traveling to Ile de Mar Lodge (Lodj) for a week for my rural visit. Well, let's make that "rural visit."

We are supposed to travel to a village by ourselves, stay for a week, explore different topics there and then return to Dakar.  Alejandra and I felt differently about these requirements. After about 3 minutes of complaining Alejandra and I were set up to go together to Ile de Mar Lodj in the delta region, (possibly with a beach) and stay at an auberge rather than a host family (an auberge is another word for apartment but it really means a bare bones lodging). To be fair, we probably wont have electricity there and almost definitely no hot water considering we don't even have that in Dakar. But still we are very excited for our "rural visit" courtesy of Baobab Center. 

We return next wednesday sometime, unless we decide to spend more time there or come back early, and of course barring any bus breakdowns and so forth. 

I'll have reporting to do on that when I get back, but until then, have fun in you're non-village locations.

No comments: