Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Senegal!

Hey everyone. 
I've been in Dakar for about 2 days now. It's ridiculously hot and humid here, but on the plus side it is absolutely everyone who is hot and disgusting so you don't feel bad about it because everyone looks gross. 
Dakar is a really interesting city, and less built up than I expected. As you walk through the streets you see sheep and goats everywhere and horses pulling carts full of coke a cola. 
Everyone on the program (14 of us) was been staying in an apartment building for the last 2 nights, giving us time to get over any jet lag and know one another a bit better before we meet our host families.
We walked through the areas where we will be living today with guides from the Baobab center, and I will be living near several of the other students in the Mermoz area. 

It's ramadan right now so everything is very laid back and there isn't much going on.
I'll update as often as possible but it's hard to know how when that is given frequent power outages and getting to cyber cafes or the baobab center. 
Miss you all and I hope you are all doing well in your respective homes (whether they be temporary or not)

1 comment:

kate said...

I am so glad you arrived safely in Senegal. It sounds like an amazing adventure. I miss you!!